Thursday, April 28, 2016

Mid Review

For every project in our studio classes, we have mid review and get feedbacks either from other professors or from guess critics. These are the plans, sections and perspectives I have worked on to get feedbacks from.
One of the three major things I got commented on was my entrance. According to my plans, the main circulation is from the north, parking lot. However, it is not true because the majority of the campus is in the east and if the students come to this site, it would be from the east. My entrance to the building is not quite celebrated as well and people walking by would barely notice it.
Second thing I got commented on was that the movie features we were suppose to cooperate into our buildings are not there. According to the critics, these features are there, however, they are not part of the architecture. I have only created moments where visitors can experience these movie features.


 The last and final thing I got commented on was my outdoor viewing area. As shown in the section above, this outdoor space is located between two theater spaces. One critic pointed out that in order to get from one theater to another, she would have to walk out the building and then reenter. My point of this outdoor space was to create a viewing area with a movie technique for the visitors to experience before moving from one space to another. However, she made a good point that that space going to end up only as a circulation space rather than a space people to spend time and soak in the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment