Thursday, April 28, 2016

Developing Ideas

After getting feedbacks from three professional architects, I took their advices and continue working on improving my building. I used the technique shown to me by my studio professor; put trace on top of my existing plans and draw on it. Make general shapes of the spaces and move around to rearrange and see which fits where better. I play around using this technique and came up with a series of improved plans.
During the mid review, I was commented on for where I put my entrance. So I ended up turning my building around and rearranging the programs for the first and underground floors. I have kept the idea of exterior reading/garden space underground next to the library.
Working on my entrance, I designed it so that it is more celebrated and recognizable. The entrance lies underneath the overhang of the theater spaces and is risen from the ground level to make a gesture to the visitors that they will soon be entering a difference space.
According to the critics I had, the outdoor space on my second floor between the theaters does not work well. Since they mentioned it, I realized that you would have to come out from inside to be out in the outdoor area and then go back inside to reach the theaters. Therefore, the outdoor space ended up as a circulation space rather than a space for people to spend time within. So I had to decide whether I want the outdoor space or not and rearrange the theaters to create better circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment